About Waters Edge Aquatic Design
Waters Edge Aquatic Design is an aquatic engineering and design firm based in Lenexa, Kansas, located in the Kansas City metro area. Waters Edge specializes in the evaluation, planning, and design of water parks, aquatic parks, aquatic centers, natatoriums, water spray grounds, and civic water displays. While the facilities designed by Waters Edge are specialized, a broad range of engineering disciplines are involved in the projects.
With over two decades of firm experience and projects throughout the country, we are an established leader in the aquatics market. Our growing client base includes municipalities, parks and recreation departments, hospitality, YMCA organizations, educational organizations, and private developments. We are a progressive and growing company that thrives on team collaboration, creativity, innovation, and passion with each project. Learn more about our firm at www.wedesignpools.com.
Are you ready to join a fun, tight knit team? Waters Edge has a full-time opening for an entry-level civil engineer (EIT). Our team is looking for a driven individual who enjoys their work, has a healthy interest in learning and working on a variety of design aspects, which could include pumping and piping systems, water conveyance, moderate structural design, and sub-grade design. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
This list is intended to demonstrate the overall duties of the position and is not meant to be an all-inclusive list.
• Support office staff and licensed engineers with engineering calculations and related research
• Develop reports and studies
• Sub-grade design, utilizing recommendations from geotechnical engineers
• Modest structural design of foundations, pump pits, suspended slabs and retaining walls
• Slab on grade design for sidewalks, decks, and plazas
• Pumping and piping systems design
• Water conveyance systems
• Potential utility and storm water design
• Draft engineering and construction documents using AutoCAD
• Construction and administration responsibilities
• Visiting sites and meeting with clients as needed
Qualifications & Experience
An ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and possesses an Engineer-In-Training certification. Required skills and abilities include:
• 0-2 years of experience, application is open to Spring 2022 graduates
• Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills with a high degree of independence
• Critical and creative thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and gives attention to detail
Preferred skills and abilities include:
• Experience working in the engineering and/or aquatics fields.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Work schedules are Monday – Friday
• Must be able to show examples of past work product or project materials
• Medical coverage
• Dental & vision coverage
• Employee life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• Medical HSA account
• Simple IRA plan
• Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time (PTO)